R&D Tax Credit for Mechanical Contractors
Mechanical contractors often do not realize that they are eligible for the Research & Development Tax Credit. The R&D tax credit allows companies to realize tax savings, increase cash flow and stay competitive in the marketplace. Many of the qualifying activities are considered day-to-day operations for the construction industry.
The benefits can be significant and are efficient to realize through our services. The R&D tax credit can provide a hidden but immediate source of cash for construction firms from prior years, plus a significant reduction to current and future years’ federal and state tax liabilities.
Typical Qualifying R&D Tax Credit Activities:
- Mechanical system design and testing
- BIM Modeling
- Development of means, procedures, and construction processes
- Design for LEED/Green Initiatives
- HVAC design
- Structure and facility design for constructability
- Mechanical equipment sizing
- Mechanical fittings and routing
- Construction equipment development and improvement
- Structural steel detailing
- Pipe design and testing
- Pipe material selection and approvals process
- Value engineering
- Fire Safety Systems
- Installation means and methods development
- System detailing for constructability
Our Research Tax Credit practice consists of engineers, CPAs, and attorneys who have extensive experience conducting R&D Tax Credit Studies at both the federal and state level. Our process begins with a free assessment to ensure that the company qualifies for the credit and would be able to utilize them. Each of our studies includes a site visit to help facilitate the study process. We also include audit support for all of our studies. This is a conservative federal and state incentive that was just made permanent by Congress as part of the 2015 PATH Act. Contact ETS for more information at 800-236-6519 or email here.