The selection of a specialty tax provider for your cost segregation study and other specialty tax incentives is critical to the process, the resulting benefit, and to ensure results that stand-up upon IRS examination. Performing the proper due diligence steps is vital to ensuring your tax filing position and to ensure that you gain every benefit that you deserve with the assurance of IRS compliance. Consider the items listed below when selecting a company with a long history of IRS compliance experience in your area both geographically and professionally, as well as a strong reputation of customer satisfaction. Request proof of licenses and insurance for the firm you are considering, as well as the individual team members who will be working on your project. Request references from previous clients and take the time to contact them regarding their experience with the firm and any problems that may have arisen through the process. This will offer significant insight into the integrity of the firm that you choose.
Things to Consider…
- Professional Licenses
- Circular 230 Compliance
- Evaluate the Engagement Team
- Evaluate the Firms Credentials
- What is the Firms Track Record
- Ensure Compliant Fee Structure
- Are you Confident in the Team
- Is IRS Audit Support Provided
- Ask for Client References
- Request a Sample Study
Why Choose ETS for Your Cost Segregation Studies
ETS a licensed engineering firm with experience in engineered based specialty tax services, which yields substantial tax deductions for companies across the country. ETS is one of the only qualified professional engineering firm with its own Professional Engineers, LEED Accredited Professionals, Certified Public Accountants, Licensed Contractors, and Architects on staff.
- Over 100+ years of combined experience
- Fully Circular 230 compliant
- Experience from Fortune 100 companies on down
- Broad service offerings to maximize client ROI
- Completing over 200 engineering studies monthly
Support Under IRS Audit
We are committed to our clients not only during the relationship but after services have been supplied. In the event there is an IRS audit, we will continue our commitment to you to ensure that the IRS is accommodated with their request to enable our clients to pass the audit, and we do this at no additional charge to our CPA partners or the client.
What Sets ETS Apart?
Since the inception of ETS, through our own in-house team of engineers and accountants, ETS averages on a monthly basis over $44 million in refunds for clients, equating to hundreds of Cost Segregation studies for Fortune 500 clients and CPA firms nationally, meeting the strict guidelines of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), to give clarity and awareness to the engineering processes involved in the studies of private buildings and to also bring awareness to this tax benefit on a nationwide scale.
- Studies are performed according to IRS MACRS method under the Tax Reform Act of 1986 (P. L. 99-514).
- In the absence of plans ETS implements §1245 and §1250 to segregate specific property types.
- In accordance with current IRS Audit Technique Guidelines
- Properties are evaluated by professional/licensed Engineers who have completed 1,000’s of cost segregation studies.
- Our studies dig deep to ensure your clients receive the maximum benefits available to them