As you begin your search for a firm to help you enhance your service offerings by providing 179D energy tax and cost segregation studies, there are several things to consider in order to protect your firm and ensure the highest quality of performance and compliance.
Business handshake to seal a deal
Choosing a Specialty Tax Provider
DUE DILIGENCE IN SELECTING A SPECIALTY TAX PROVIDER IS CRITICAL
The selection of a specialty tax provider for Cost Segregation, Energy Certifications, Research & Development and other tax incentives is critical to the process, the resulting benefit, and to ensure results that stand-up upon IRS examination. Performing the proper due diligence steps is vital to ensuring your tax filing position and to ensure that you gain every benefit that you deserve with the assurance of IRS compliance. Consider the items below when looking for a company with a long history of IRS compliance, experience in your area both geographically and professionally, and a strong reputation of customer satisfaction. Request proof of licenses and insurance for the firm you are considering, as well as the individual team members who will be working on your project. Also request references from previous clients and take the time to contact them regarding their experience with the firm and any problems that may have arisen through the process. This will offer significant insight into the integrity of the firm that you choose.
THINGS TO CONSIDER…
- Professional licenses.
- Circular 230 compliance.
- Evaluate the engagement team.
- Evaluate the firms credentials.
- What is the firms track record?
- Ensure compliant fee structure.
- Are you confident in the team?
- Is IRS audit support provided?
- Ask for client references.
- Request a sample study.
Why Engineered Tax Services
ETS is a nationally scoped licensed engineering firm with experience in 179D, cost segregation studies, and other specialty tax services, which yields substantial tax deductions for companies across the country. ETS is one of the only qualified professional engineering firms with its own Professional Engineers, LEED Accredited Professionals, Certified Public Accountants, Licensed Contractors, and Architects on staff.
- Over 80+ years of combined Cost Segregation experience
- Fully Circular 230 compliant
- Experience from Fortune 100 companies on down
- Broad service offering maximizes client ROI
- Studies completed nationally.
- Experience with any building.
- References from across the us.
- The best team in the industry.
- Sound business practices.
- Projects of any size range.
- The best project managers.
- Education on specialty tax opps.
- The highest benefit possible.
- We value our clients!
Learn more about choosing a specialty tax provider here