It’s that time of year that we all look forward to, especially all the accountants buckling down with their survival kits! It goes without say that money and stress go hand in hand. For that reason it is easy to understand that the tax preparation season can be a stressful time of year for CPAs. It is not uncommon for them to put in 70-80 hours/week during the tax season including sleepless nights, lots of coffee, and weekends at the office. To help reduce some stress for our CPAs this tax season, we have put together a list of tips to help ease the stress and make these coming weeks as painless as possible:
- Don’t Procrastinate: Avoid any mistakes by starting early and gathering the necessary information and filling out your data sheets.
- Carbohydrates: Stock up on plenty of healthy snacks such as fruits, trail mix, and whole wheat crackers. You will feel fuller and the carbs will provide the best energy boost while releasing the feel good chemical, serotonin.
- Have Fun: Make it silly and fun with “Ugly Shirt Day” or “Crazy Hair Day.”
- Take Breaks: Even if it is just a quick 5-minute break, it will give you a chance to walk around, get some fresh air, giving your eyes a break and avoid any headaches.
- Reward Yourself: Plan something you can look forward to after taxes are done. Take some time off to do something you enjoy while catching up on time you've been missing with family or friends.
The tax season can be a stressful time but with these tips you can get ahead of the game and file your taxes with ease.