179D Tax Deduction
Winchester, Kentucky Public Building
An energy tax certification was performed on a Kentucky educational facility following the installation of energy efficiency assets which qualified for a $527,200 179D tax deduction. The 292,888 sq. ft. building qualified for the full $1.80 / sq. ft. tax deduction per the Energy Policy Act guidelines. This reduction of energy costs on a government building will result in reduced tax rates for the local community.
Although 179D has expired, there are still opportunities to take advantage of this tax credit before it is truly gone. As you file your taxes, remember candidates for 179D include buildings of private property owners placed in service between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2016 along with architects, engineers and contractors of government buildings whom may go back three years to obtain this benefit.
- New Construction, Renovation, and upgrades
- Placed in Services Dates of: Jan 1, 2006 – Dec 31, 2016
- Benefits Private Property Owner or
- Architects, Engineers and Contractors (3-Yr Look-back)
- Building Types: Schools, Government, Office, Retail, Hospitality, Industrial,
- Manufacturing, Healthcare, Parking Garages
ETS performs a thorough engineering process to meet all the requirements and receive the maximum benefit for our clients. To learn more about how you can benefit from 179D and other specialty tax engineering studies, phone Engineered Tax Services at 800-236-6519 or email here.